Folder Size is a powerful tool to help you see how
much space takes a folder on your system. The space taken
by a folder consists of all the space taken by the files
and folders within this folder.
This information will let you manage your drives more
easily. For example if you need more disk space, just run
Folder Size and you will quickly find where are the
large files on your system and you will be able to delete
them if you do not need them anymore.
How to Use
- Specify your drive or folder:
To do that, either type on the Directory edit box
or click on the small folder button on it's right
side. When you click at this button a window will
appear with all your drives. Select your drive or
folder from the window and then click "Ok" button.
- Click on the "Analyze" button.
- A clearly treeview of all folders on your selected
folder or drive appears on the top side.
- Using the Option Menu, you can view the treeview as
- "Sort": You can select one from four
sort methods: By Name(Asc), By Name(Dec), By Size(Asc),
- "Browse": Open a Explorer window to
browse your selected drive or folder.
- "Delete": Delete selected folder if
you select All; Delete all files in your selected
folder if you select All files under this folder.
- "Refresh": Create new structure view
for the selected folder. Refresh the most top folder
if select All, Refresh the selected folder else
if select the selected folder
- "Expand": Expand all nodes on the treeview.
- "Collapse": Collapse all nodes on the
- "Unit": Include Auto, Bytes, KB, MB
options, chooses the size unit for directories
You right click a folder and select Analyse
folder size item from Super Shell to
quickly analyze a folder.