In this article, we reveal the best high performing software for downloading videos on your Windows 10 PC
In 2020, you have the option of downloading videos that allow you to quickly browse through and save videos, in a format of your own choice. There are several video downloaders offered for Windows PCs that can be especially useful if you love watching videos regularly. There are both free and paid video downloaders available for Windows 10, although the paid ones are more beneficial for serious use. You will have to choose which video downloader works best for you and whether you prefer to pay or download it for free.
The main reason you might want to download videos is that just streaming videos on the website might be uncomfortable and cause a lot of problems. You will need to evaluate the ease of use, performance, and functionality in determining the best video downloader. We will help you with doing that, by explaining 10 best video downloaders available for Windows 10.
The top 10 video downloaders we will highlight in this article are as follows:
- 4K Video Downloader
- YTD Video Downloader
- Freemake Video Downloader
- aTube Catcher
- Any Video Converter
- iTube HD Video Downloader
- Snap Downloader
We have explained the above 10 video downloaders in more detail below:
Video Proc is Comparitech’s top-rated video downloader for Windows 10. VideoProc works for Windows and macOS operating systems. VideoProc is not available for free and you must pay for it, but many sources suggest that it is worth paying for. If you want to try before committing, there is a 7-day trial that you can use, before buying VideoProc.
VideoProc which includes an impressive video downloader also consists of a complete video editing tool. VideoProc has a great user interface and is straightforward to use. More than 1,000 video streaming sites are supported by VideoProc including major video sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Vevo, Facebook, and Dailymotion, among others. VideoProc allows you to download live videos, recorded videos, music streams, playlists, and channels of many different categories.
The major advantages of VideoProc are as follows:
- The software maintains 8K video, whereas most other video downloaders only support 4K video
- The built-in video converter allows you to convert more than 70 formats which can include MP3, ACC, AVI, and MOV.
- A built-in recorder which allows you to short your videos and captures screen from the app
- Friendly for beginners as well as experts with video downloading and recording. Many features to help beginners learn how to use the application
- Has many editing features such as file merging, subtitles, deshake, different effects, and denoise
- Supports many streaming sites and different video formats
- You do not have to tolerate ads and commercials with the paid feature which most free video downloaders come with
- Good support service
Although the variety of features offered by VideoProc can be more than what some people are looking for, you get the added benefit for a practical price. The price for VideoProc’s annual plan is $29.95 which is just under $3 a month, which we feel is a very reasonable price for the variety of features that VideoProc has to offer. VideoProc also offers support features of web tutorials and email contact form to clear your doubts. The pricing plan also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
2. 4K Video Downloader
4K Video Downloader works on Windows, macOS, and Linux devices. It is a freemium software where you can get a free plan as well as pay for the premium plan if you prefer to have more features. The free plan is a bit limited in the number of playlists and channels you can download. You can gain access to unlimited features and a variety of benefits if you upgrade to the premium plan.
4K Video Downloader is mostly suitable for YouTube and if you are a YouTube fan, you can gain access to all your favorite content on 4K Video Downloader. You have the option of saving specific individual videos or full playlists from YouTube. The best thing is that you can also arrange for automatic downloads of videos from your preferred YouTube channels. 4K Video Downloader might seem that it is mostly for YouTube, but it also works on other platforms such as Facebook, Vimeo, and TikTok video downloaders.
The major advantages of 4K Video Downloader are as follows:
- The software supports 4K as well as 8K video downloading
- Has a range of features including – YouTube subtitle extraction, bulk downloading, allows private YouTube content, 3D and 360 degrees downloading features, and you can also unblock blocked content with an in-app proxy
- Supports many formats to save to such as MP4, MP3, MKV, M4A, and OGG
- Supports many languages including German, Japanese, and Spanish which is a unique feature in 4K Video Downloader
- 4K Video Downloader is beneficial for frequent downloading and has many supportive features
- You can enjoy the ad-free experience with the premium version
- Has a great easy to use interface that even beginners can learn
- Has a free version if you do not want to pay money for a video downloader
Although 4K Video Downloader does not come with many editing tools that VideoProc comes with, it is a great video downloader, especially for YouTube. It supports other video downloading websites other than YouTube, but the features may be less useful for the other sites. You can download the limited version for free if you do not need the specifications and complex tools. The premium software for personal license costs a one-time fee of $15 for up to 3 devices. The pricing plan comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee and you also have the option of contacting the team by email to clear any queries.
3. YTD Video Downloader
YTD Video Downloader can be downloaded on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices. Similar to 4K Video Downloader, YTD is also a freemium software with a reduced free version. The premium version has a 7-day free trial. The difference with YTD Video Downloader is that the free and premium versions are two separate software.
You can download videos from many sites with YTD Video Downloader, the three main ones being YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo. The application is easy to use and good for beginners as well.
The major advantages of YTD Video Downloader are:
- Has a built-in converter and helps to convert to many formats such as MP3, MP4, AVI, MOV, and 3GP
- If you have the premium version you can download and convert many different URLs easily, have ads-free software and get faster download speeds with no hassle
- Works with many platforms and is not restricted to YouTube
- Good for beginners as it has all the support features that are needed
- Good support service
The main drawback of YTD Video Downloader is that the free version does not offer many features and if you want to download videos from many sites, you will have to buy the premium version.
The paid version is also more expensive compared to other video downloaders, specifically VideoProc which offers many more features for a cheaper price. The paid plans cost $9.99 per month for the monthly plan. We suggest you get the cheaper price for a long term one year and two-year plans which are $2.99 per month for the one-year plan and $1.99 per month for the two-year plan. They have a 30-day money-back guarantee and support services also available.
4. Freemake Video Downloader
Freemake Video Downloader can only be used in Windows devices. It is a prominent video downloading and video editing software. Freemake Video Downloader has both free and paid versions, but we do not recommend that you use the free version because it has many downsides. Some of the videos from the free version cannot be watched as they are blocked with a large watermark. At the same time, the paid version has many upsides and all the versions include good editing features and converters.
The paid version offers conversion speeds, and many editing features such as DVD burner, and subtitles. The user interface is easy to use and has an attractive aesthetic appearance.
The major advantages of Freemake Video Downloader are:
- Videos can be downloaded from a variety of sites and are not restricted to either YouTube or Vimeo
- Has 4K resolution and you can download videos from more than 10,000 websites
- You can download items in batches instead of only one at a time
- Comes in 18 different languages, major ones being Vietnamese and Italian
- Saving can be done in many formats including MP3, MP4, AVI and MPEG
- Has many intuitive functions such as cloud uploading, bandwidth consumption, and parental controls
- Good customer service options
Freemium Video Downloader offers good customer service and has a dedicated support site for all its products. You can also submit a request form which will be answered through email.
We suggest you try the paid version of Freemake Video Downloader which has many benefits. The premium version of Freemake is quite reasonable as it costs $19.95 per year which is just under $2 per month. Additionally, you can pay $39.95 for an unlimited license of Freemake Video Downloader. There are discounts available on the lifetime version, so we suggest you keep up to date with them.
5. aTube Catcher
aTube Catcher can be used in Windows and macOS devices. The best thing about aTube Catcher is that it is completely free, and you will have a range of features to choose from. The video downloader is available for thousands of video streaming sites online. You can also get multiple tools in one and there are both downloading and available editing tools.
aTube Catcher has an impressive user interface and can be easily used even by beginners or people who are new to video downloading. It allows you to download and convert together and has many conversion options.
The major advantages of aTube Catcher are as follows:
- Has many tools including screen recorder, video converter, audio capture tool, and DVD recorder
- Supports many formats for video downloading including MP3, MP4, GIF, MOV, 3GP and 3G2 among the many others that are also offered
- It is a budget-friendly option compared to other video downloaders where you must pay for most of them
- Supports many languages for the interface including Turkish, French, and Italian
One main drawback is that while installing aTube Catcher it also prompts the installation of additional software such as the music software Music Search MP3. You need to be careful about the additional software it asks to install so that no malware is accidentally installed.
Conversions can also be slow and take time compared to other premium or freemium video downloaders that takes much less time. You also have the option of donating to aTube Catcher although the program can be installed for free.
6. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter (AVC) can be used for Windows and macOS computers. It comes with a built-in downloader along with a video converter software. AVC has a freemium version with both free and premium versions each coming with separate installation software.
AVC is known to work with many streaming sites including the major ones like Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and Metacafe. Both the versions include a downloader and a converter which can be beneficial for people who download a lot of videos.
The major advantages of AVC are as follows:
- There are almost 17 format options including AVI, MOV, and MP4
- The free version allows you to do basic editing, convert between audio and video formats, allows video to DVD burning, and play videos with a built-in player
- AVC can handle 4K resolution but the paid version works better for downloading and converting with the speeds also being much faster in the paid version
- Applications are available in many languages including Korean, French, and Polish
- Has a good support system with many how-to guides and email support
The free version of AVC is a bit slow compared to the paid one, but if you are not used to downloading many videos at once, then it might be useful to you. Ultimately paid version is also quite pricy at a one-time payment of $49.95. If you are not happy with the service AVC offers a 30-day money-back policy.
7. iTube HD Video Downloader
iTube HD Video Downloader can be used in Windows 10. It provides 4K resolution footage and allows conversion from many different files. There is also an option to batch download videos from different sites.
You can use iTube HD Video Downloader in thousands of online video websites some of them being YouTube, Hulu, Facebook, and Vimeo. iTube is a paid video downloader and there does not seem to be a free version.
The major advantages of iTube Video Downloader are as follows:
- Comes with an inbuilt video player to easily watch and manage videos that are downloaded in your computer’s local disk
- Good for converting downloaded videos for more than 150 video and audio formats including mobile devices
- Comes with a Turbo Mode which has faster speeds, you can almost download videos in lighting speed
- You can download 4K resolution and Full HD video supporting many different kinds of video resolution and HD videos
- Download videos to MP2, MP3, and other files very quickly
There are many different pricing plans offered by iTube HD Video Downloader. The business lifetime plan which supports two to five devices has a one-time cost of $72.50.
If you are not buying for business purposes, then the lifetime license might be useful to you. The lifetime license costs $29.00 for a lifetime and the one-year subscription costs $19.00 per year. They also have free customer support and email support available if you have any queries.
SnapDownloader can be used on Windows and macOS devices. It cannot be used on mobile devices and can only be used on PCs. It is among the top video downloaders for Windows as it offers many features. It is a paid video downloader but also has a free trial version for 24-hours.
SnapDownloader supports more than 900 websites and videos can be downloaded with up to 8K resolution. It supports bulk downloading and you can download multiple videos from many different websites.
The major advantages of SnapDownloader are as follows:
- Supports the downloading of videos and audio files from many different websites
- Supports video downloading from many different resolutions from 2K, 4K, 8K, 1080p, 720p, and other resolutions
- You can download YouTube playlists, channels, 3D, and VR videos
- It has fast download speeds
- Can convert videos to MP3 and MP4 formats with little effort
- Has a user-friendly interface and is good even for beginners
- Has an in-app proxy setup
The pricing range for SnapDownloader is $19.99 for a personal license which is a lifetime license for one computer. It offers free lifetime upgrades and 24 hours customer support which is important if you run into any problems. The good news is that once you buy the license it never expires, and you can use it for a lifetime.
BitDownloader can be used on many devices including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. It is free to download and use. BitDownloader can be used to download videos from many websites and is not only restricted to YouTube. You can also download videos from Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, and many other platforms.
The major advantages of BitDownloader are as follows:
- It has a simple user interface and easily allows you to download videos
- It supports more than 800 video sites
- Allows saving in many modes including AVI, ACC, MP3, and MP4
- Allows any video downloading that does not have copyright issues
- Supports many languages including English, Italian, French, and Dutch
The major drawback is that because the application is free, there are restrictions in the download of certain videos, and batch downloads are not supported in BitDownloader.
BitDownloader is one of the best to download YouTube and Vimeo videos, but it supports many other websites. It is very easy to use and download where the website also provides you with clear instructions. It is both legal and safe to use BitDownloader and you can download it for free.
ClipGrab is a basic multi-platform and free video downloader that offers many features. It can convert downloaded files to many formats. You can download videos from many websites including YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and Dailymotion. You can also download HD videos on ClipGrab.
Some positive aspects of ClipGrab are as follows:
- Supports many of the major video websites
- Allows downloading of multiple videos and bulk videos all at the same time
- The built-in search feature is very helpful and allows you to easily find the video you want to download
- It can automatically detect links from clipboard
- Has an easy to use and clean user interface
- Supports many languages including French and Italian
We suggest that you remain careful while downloading ClipGrab as there have been some complaints about malware and adware that comes along with the installation process. For this reason, we suggest that you download ClipGrab only when you have an anti-virus installed on your computer.
For the best experience in video downloading we recommend that you use the first 3 options mentioned which are: VideoProc, 4K Video Downloader, and YTD Video Downloader.
If you want to download many videos in bulk and want many features in your video downloader than we suggest: VideoProc, Any Video Converter, YTD Video Downloader, and Freemake Video Downloader.
If you want a video downloader with the best user interface then we recommend: iTube HD Video Downloader, Snap Downloader, 4K Video Downloader, aTube Catcher and YTD Video Downloader.
If you want the best price for your money, then we suggest: VideoProc, 4K Video Downloader, Freemake Video Downloader, and SnapDownloader.
Overall, we suggest that you are careful while downloading the video downloader and use them at your discretion. We suggest you try the paid video downloaders as they offer more safety features and downloading features with faster speeds than their free counterparts.