Hi Friends! Hope you are having a good time and hope you are enjoying Kodi to the level best. As promised, we are back again with a new article on another awesome Kodi add-on which offers lots of live TV channels for unlimited entertainment. The best thing about this add-on is that it offers premium services only at $5 per month and monthly subscription instead of enforcing you to buy an annual package. We are talking about Area 51 Kodi add-on which is an IPTV based service called Area 51 IPTV.
It offers channels from various countries like USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Europe, Spain, Poland, India, Pakistan, and Arab. It also offers many sports channels for football, Hockey, Basketball, and Baseball such as NFL, NHL, NBA, and MLB. What more, it also offers news and music channels besides the movies and TV shows. You must be already excited by now to try this IPTV service on Kodi. We have prepared a detailed guide for you on how to install Area 51 IPTV on Kodi. We will show you all the steps in detail one after another. So read on to know all the steps.
How to Install Area 51 IPTV Addon on Kodi
We are assuming that you already have Kodi installed and have an installation of unknown sources enabled. If you have not enabled it, then you should know that Area 51 is not an official Kodi add-on and rather it is developed by an external party. Hence, you should enable installation from the external party by doing the following:
- Launch Kodi and be on home screen.
- Slide the left menu and click on gear like icon on the top to go to Kodi settings.
- Once you are on the settings screen, click on ‘system settings’ option.
- On the next screen, you will see a list of options wherein you should click on add-ons option.
- Now you will see an option to enable unknown sources. Turn this option on as it is turned off by default due to security reasons.
Once the above steps are done, start with the below steps for installation of Area 51 IPTV add-on:
Steps to Install Area 51 IPTV on Kodi 17.6 & 18
- Visit the Kodi home screen again after launching it. Access the left menu and click on the settings icon on the top again. Now you will see various options such as Player settings, Media settings, Live TV settings, PVR & Live TV settings, Service settings, Interface settings, Skin settings, Profile settings, System settings, System information, Event log, etc. Choose ‘File manager’ option from that
- Now you will be navigated to the screen where you have to add source link for Area 51 add-on as seen below.
- You will see a dialog box which will prompt you to enter source link. Click on ‘<None>’ to enter the following link: http://theuforepo.us/repo/. Also, enter the name of media source as ‘Area 51’ and then click ok.
- You have successfully provided a file path to Kodi for downloading the repository.
- Now go back to Kodi home screen and click on ‘add-ons’ option from the left menu.
- Click on the box like icon that you see on top which will lead you to the add-on browser.
- You will now see the below screen with the options like ‘My add-ons’, ‘install from repository’, ‘install from zip’, etc. Click on ‘install from zip’ option.
- On the next screen, you will see a prompt where you will see the name of media source ‘Area 51’ which you had entered before. Click on that and then click ok.
- Now you will see a list with the names of various zip files out of which you have to click ‘repository.ufo-repo-x.xxx.xxx.zip’ and then click ok.
- Now Kodi will start installing repository from the zip file and notify you once complete.
- When you see the ‘add-on’ enabled notification, click on ‘install from repository’ on the same screen.
- Now a list will appear in which you should click ‘UFO Repository’.
- On the next screen, click on ‘video add-ons’.
- You will now see the name of ‘Area 51 IPTV’, click on that.
- You will see the ‘install’ option on a subsequent screen which will immediately start the installation of the add-on and shortly you will see a notification from Kodi that add-on was installed. (Refer Below Image)
Now you can launch the add-on by going back to Kodi home screen and going to add-on browser by clicking add-on option from left menu. When you see Area 51 icon, just click it to launch the Area 51 kodi add-on and enter credentials to start watching your favorite content. Some of the best features of Area 51 IPTV service are:
- Chromecast support
- High-quality channels
- Payment on a monthly basis and pay per view option available
- Good customer support
How to Install Area 51 IPTV on Firestick / Fire TV
- Launch your Firestick device.
- Now go to Settings> Device > Developers Option > Apps from Unknown Sources, Turn on it and Go back to Home Screen.
- Skip the above step If you have already enabled unknown sources.
- Now click on the Search icon and type Downloader.
- Click on the download button to install Downloader on your firestick.
- Open Downloader then Click on Browser and type this URL: https://bit.ly/2BZhOWC
- It will take few seconds to download area 51 IPTV on firestick.
- Now Click on Install when you see the installation wizard.
- That’s it. Now you can enjoy area 51 IPTV on your firestick.
So, folks, we have reached to the conclusion of the article and we are sure that you must be really impressed with Area 51 IPTV add-on. Just try this out right away and share this article with your friends to help them too. Thanks for your never ending valuable support and stay tuned with us to keep getting updates on Kodi and other topics.