We know you are fans of Kodi and want to utilize its potential to the fullest on all the streaming devices possible in the world. We have written articles on Kodi add-ons, guides of installing Kodi on Android box to even Xbox, and we just can’t stop writing about it. So today, we are writing a guide on how to install Kodi on Roku. Those who already have Roku stick will surely find this article helpful. Those who do not know about the device or have not used it, let us tell you that is just another smart device like amazon fire stick which lets you watch your favorite entertainment by loading various apps. Read on to know more about the installation of Kodi on Roku TV and other things.
What is Roku & How it Works?
Roku is a popular device which has the ability to convert any TV to smart TV. You can watch popular TV shows and movies from around the world just by connecting Roku to your television with the help of HDMI cable. Once plugged, it will open the world of top quality streaming apps to you such as Netflix, Amazon prime video, Hulu, WWE network, Google play music and movies, Pandora, YouTube, Fubo TV, Showtime Redbox, RT, SiriusXM, Showtime, Sling TV, TVLuux, Tubi TV, TuneIn Radio, TheBlaze, Time Warner Cable, Vmedia, Xfinity, Vudu and so on. It also offers a great interface for easy experience, below is a sample of Roku interface:
We know you are already excited about Kodi on Roku but let us tell you that Roku runs on a linux based operating system called Roku OS and it doesn’t directly support Kodi. But don’t worry, that’s where we come in and help you to make things easy and accessible. You will not find Kodi in the official Roku library as well, in fact, the apps available on Roku are not usually free but rather subscription based. Whereas the nature of Kodi is to be free of cost on any platform. They are contradictory to each other in this way. Anyway, we have prepared this guide to help you understand how to install Kodi for Roku.
How to Install Kodi on Roku Using Windows PC?
Let’s get to the point and discuss how to install Kodi on Roku. The first point in our guide is to install Kodi on Roku using Windows computer. Windows PC is the most common device that most of us will surely have. It is very easy to understand and can be learned by self-exploration. Just follow this simple steps to install using Windows PC. We are assuming that your PC already has Kodi installed.
- Start your Windows PC and click on start menu.
- Search for keywords ‘device settings’ from start menu.
- Click on ‘Add device’. Make sure that Roku is on the same wireless network as your computer.
- If it is, then you will see the name of your Roku device in the list that appears.
- Click on the name of your Roku device and then it will start mirroring the screen from your computer to your TV. It’s done! Start enjoying Kodi on Roku using your Windows PC.
In case you face some error while doing the above steps, check if your Roku device settings have the mirroring option enabled. See below screenshot for further reference.
Install Kodi On Roku Using Screen Mirroring
Now we will show the third method of accessing Kodi on Roku. This step involves an android phone and we believe you have that. If yes, do the following:
- Go to settings. (press the home button on your Roku remote)
- Check if the screen mirroring is enabled on Roku.
- If not then, go to Settings -> System -> Screen mirroring -> Enable screen mirroring.(Refer below image)
- Now pair your device (Smartphone or pc) with roku.
- Majority android device support screen mirroring but still if you are not able to find mirroring option then Download any screen mirroring app on your Android phone. Some good apps like local cast, all share cast, etc. will do the job. (Make sure your Android device and Roku should be on the same wifi network)
- Install Kodi on Android simply by going to Google Play Store.
- Open screen mirroring app and just start mirroring your phone. This method will also require a wireless network. Some phones even have the mirroring option and hence do not even require the app.
How to Install Kodi on Roku 4
We also understand that you might not necessarily have a wireless network at home, but you never need to regret for that. We also have another method which lets you connect without a wireless network, all you need is just some cables to connect your PC to TV.
You need to follow below steps:
- Connect Roku with power cable and HDMI cable as usual.
- Turn on your PC and Install kodi on pc so you can mirror your pc on your roku tv.
- Use a VGA cable to connect your PC with TV.
- Connect 3.5 mm audio jack in order to transfer audio from your laptop to TV.
- If everything is connected correctly, you should start seeing your PC’s screen on TV. If the resolution doesn’t look good, adjust it from your control panel -> Display -> Adjust resolution.
We have completed the guide of all the three best methods to watch Kodi content on Roku. We hope you like this article and will share it with your friends, sharing is caring! Keep supporting us for more such articles and happy streaming!